Whether you're gearing up for your freshman year of college, or in the final year of your college career, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a free tool that students are encouraged to complete for grants, loans and work study eligibility.
Mount St. Joseph University recommends filing a FAFSA by March 1, and now filing can begin as soon as October 1, 2017 for the 2018-19 school year.
Earlier + Easier = Better
Altogether, the changes to the FAFSA filing process will help families make more informed decisions. Here are the major advantages:
- Financial aid packages can be issued earlier, which gives families more time to consider their options.
- Income information from an earlier tax year results in more accurate data and a more accurate assessment of financial aid.
- Use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is highly recommended when filling out the FAFSA.
- Dates for filing the FAFSA line up with the admission application process creating a more streamlined process for families.
We Can Help
The Mount's financial aid office is available and happy to guide students and families through filling out the FAFSA. Our friendly financial aid experts understand the importance of working with each family’s individual needs and educational goals. We’re here to help every step of the way.
Contact our Financial Aid Office for assistance with questions. Call 513-244-4418 or email email@example.com.
Effective October 1, 2016, families can now file earlier, as early as October 1. The chart below summarizes filing dates and the corresponding year's income information.
|If you plan to start at MSJU||
You will submit
|FAFSA Form Availability*||Using Income & Tax Info from|
Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
|2017-18||October 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018||2015|
Fall 2018 or Spring 2019
|2018-19||October 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019||2016|
Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
|2019-20||October 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020||2017|
*FAFSA must be filed by your last day of attendance during the time period for which you're seeking assistance.
You can get ready to file your 2018-19 FAFSA now. Here’s how:
- Apply for Admission.
- Establish two FSA IDs. (Click the link for video instructions.)
- Apply for Scholarships to help ensure you are considering all your financial aid options.
- Contact our financial aid experts at 513-244-4418 to arrange a personal FAFSA session.
Learn the basics, review deadlines and start your application.
Establish an ID to gain access and manage your FAFSA progress.